The Dark Brotherhood is an Assassin's Guild that revolves around the Dread Father, Sithis, and the Night Mother. The faction is controlled by the Black Hand; it's members include four Speakers and a Listener (as Lucien Lachance puts it, four fingers and a thumb).To begin a contract, a client must perform the Black Sacrament, and then when they wake up, a Brotherhood Speaker will discuss the contract. There were once many Brotherhood sanctuaries throughout Tamriel, but at the time of Elder Scrolls V, most of the Brotherhood has been wiped out, and the last known sanctuaries are found in Skyrim, outside Falkreath and Dawnstar.
- Night Mother
- Festus Krex
- Spectral Assassin
 Main Quests
- Delayed Burial - Help a Jester convince a farmer to replace the wheel on a wagon bearing his Mother.
- Innocence Lost - Help an orphan arrange the death of the mistress of his orphanage... Grelod the Kind.
- With Friends Like These... Repay your debt to the family...
- Sanctuary - Pick up your first Brotherhood contract
- Mourning Never Comes - Make contact with someone who wishes for your service, and kill the target.
- The Silence Has Been Broken - Meet Amaund Motierre within Volunruud and see who he wants you to assassinate.
- Bound Until Death - Assassinate a bride at her own wedding.
- Breaching Security - Assassinate and frame a high ranking Penitus Occulatus agent.
- The Cure for Madness - Confront the crazed traitor to the Brotherhood.
- Recipe for Disaster - Assume the identity of The Gourmet in order to gain access to the Emperor of Tamriel
- To Kill an Empire - Assassinate the Emperor, Titus Mede II whilst disguised as the Gourmet.
- Death Incarnate - Aid your Family in the fight against invading Penitus Occulatus agents.
- Hail Sithis! - Complete one of the biggest contracts in the history of the Brotherhood.
 Radiant Quests
Available after finishing 'Take Up Arms'
- Honor Thy Family - Regain the trust of your family.
- The Dark Brotherhood Forever - As the Listener, heed the Night Mother's words as she tells you of another prayer...
 Contract Quests
- Kill Narfi
- Kill Beitild
- Kill Enodius Papius
- Kill Hern
- Kill Lurbuk
- Kill Deekus
- Kill Ma'randru-jo
- Kill Anoriath
- Kill Agnis
- Kill Maluril
- Kill Helvard
- Kill Safia
 Other Quests
- Destroy the Dark Brotherhood! - Finish the Dark Brotherhood and rid Skyrim of their kind.
- Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head...
- Torturing the prisoners in the Dawnstar Sanctuary torture room will give you four treasure locations around Skyrim, each holding between 1000 and 2000 septims.
Achievements that can be achieved by running quests for the Companions
- With Friends Like These... - Join the Dark Brotherhood
- Bound Until Death - Complete the quest Bound Until Death
- Hail Sithis! - Complete the quest Hail Sithis!